Banksia Cottage Standard Holiday Rental Terms and Conditions
"Booking" means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property. "Guest or Guests" means the person/s who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking. "Management" means the Property Owners and Managers of the Property. "Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking. "Property" means Banksia Cottage, 5 Norwood Street, Toowoomba City and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
1. Acceptance and Responsibility:
- Payment of the Booking deposit is required to confirm and secure a Booking and constitutes the Guests acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Guests agree that regardless of your length of stay there is no residential tenancy or other rights created under any Landlord or Tenant laws and there are no such laws that apply to your stay.
- Guests also agree the owner has the right to terminate the occupancy and evict for breaches to the terms and conditions listed below.
- The deposit amount is 50% of the total Booking amount.
- If check-in date is within 20 days at the time of Booking, then the full Booking amount is required.
- The property will remain available and Bookings are not confirmed until the deposit is received.
- Payment must be in Australian Dollars net of any bank or other transaction charges and made by the following methods: Visa, Amex, MasterCard, Bank Cheque or by Online Bank Transfer.
- Balance of the Booking amount (including refundable damage deposit if applicable) is due within 14 days prior to check-in. If not received, Management has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re-let the property.
3. Cancellation or Variation:
- Cancellation within 30 days of check-in, a 100% refund will be provided.
- Cancellation within 14 days of check-in a 50% refund will be provided.
- Cancellation of any booking within 7 days of check-in, will result in 100% loss of booking amount.
- If a guest requests a variation to the Booking, which reduces the number of nights stay, this will be treated as a cancellation (in respect of those nights) and the above cancellation terms apply.
- Minimum night's stay policy is 2 nights (unless otherwise stated). No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches the minimum 2 nights stay policy.
4. Refundable Damage / Security Deposit:
- A refundable damage deposit payment maybe requested. Once the property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to check-in, it will be credited within approx 10 working days to the Guests designated payment method at the time of Booking.
- Guests are responsible for any damage, breakages, theft or loss caused to the property or its contents during your stay and must notify Management immediately should any occur. The property owners may recover these costs.
- Pets are allowed by arrangement and must be agreed in writing with the property owner prior to payment. If agreed, a one off fee is applicable.
- Undeclared pets will be treated as a breach of these terms and conditions and may result in an extra charge of $50 and/or immediate Booking termination or eviction without refund.
- All pets should have current vaccination records available. The guest agrees to take full responsibility for the welfare and safety of their pet and the welfare and safety of any persons that come in contact with the pet while on the property.
- An outdoor kennel is provided for your pet if required and the property is fenced.
- Pets are not permitted on beds or furniture. Evidence of pets having been on beds or furniture may incur extra cleaning and/or replacement cost charges.
- Pets are never to be left inside the property unattended.
- Guests agree to pay for any damage to the property caused by your pet during your stay.
- A poop scoop must be conducted prior to vacating the property.
6. House Rules, Code of Conduct and your Responsibilities:
- To maintain a good standard for our guests and neighbours, we require certain terms and conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most Guests will respect our property and neighbours, but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
- You must comply with all applicable House Rules, Code of Conduct and all instructions from the Property Owners concerning occupancy, property, health, pets, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours. Breach of these House Rules is a breach of the Terms and Conditions of occupancy.
- Whenever you are absent from the Property, please close all windows and doors to maintain security and prevent rain and water damage.
- Guests are responsible for ensuring that Visitors comply with these House Rules.
- You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify the property owner of this immediately. The property owner may recover from you the repair or replacement cost (at their discretion).
- The property owner's take no responsibility for the tenant's/guest's personal property and recommend all guests purchase travel insurance.
- Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply.
- Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. All noise to cease between 10.00pm and 8.00am. Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including undue or excessive noise and continuously barking dogs are prohibited and may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
- The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Property.
- All linen, pillows, blankets and towels supplied by Banksia Cottage must be left within the cottage. Guests agree to pay for any damaged or missing items.
- Checkout time is 10.00am. Breach of this timeframe will result in extra charges which will be deducted from the refundable damage deposit.
- Late checkout is by arrangement only and subject to availability. Late checkout fee's will apply.
- The property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival.
- Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away.
- Failure to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition may incur extra cleaning charges, which will be deducted from the refundable damage deposit.
- All furniture must be left in the position they were in when you arrived.
- The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be put back into the position as agreed with the property owner.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement cost of accommodation keys if lost.
- The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
- If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
9. Problems or Complaints:
- In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform the property owner at the earliest opportunity so the property owner has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- You must allow repair/service people access to the property during reasonable hours.
- Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to property owner prior to departure from the Property.
- Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
- We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.
10. Variations to Terms and Conditions:
- Variations to these terms and conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the property owner in writing.